When I found out that my sweet friend, Jennifer, was going to be holding a photography session at the Isle of Palms, I just knew we had to go! My babies love everything about the beach–the salty air, the sun, and the sand between their toes! They get it from their Mommy, but I also think I’ve rubbed off on Jeffrey a pretty good bit too! We had so much fun with this session. The kids laughed, jumped, dance, and giggled the whole way through! And I am in love with the pictures! These will definitely hold a special place in my heart, but more than just because of the pictures, but because this has been such a sweet season of life. I am so thankful to be on this journey of life alongside Jeffrey, even when we are driving each other crazy! And oh, my babies! Seeing them grow has been one of my greatest joys! They make life so much fun, even on the hard days! So, thank you, Jennifer, for capturing our family so beautifully! I am so thankful for your friendship!
Tonight Reecey officially graduated from preschool! All day long he kept saying, “I’m just so excited about my graduation!” His class has been working so hard on their songs, and he couldn’t wait for us to finally hear them! It was an absolutely precious evening of celebrating the graduates. They performed several songs first, and then changed into their caps and gowns to receive their diplomas! Reece was all smiles, and he was so happy! The theme of the evening was “Oh, the places you’ll go” and oh, sweet Reecey, I know that the Lord has some big plans for you, and I am so thankful that I get to see it! You have grown so much over these past three years at St. Stephen’s, and I am so looking forward to seeing you continue to grow–with your friends, in school, and in your relationship with the Lord! We are so grateful for all of the teachers who have poured into your life during your time in preschool. They have loved you and watched you grow, and we are so thankful for so many people that care about you so much! Reecey, being your mommy is one wild ride, but you make life so much more fun! We are so proud of you, and we love you very much! Happy graduation, sweet boy!
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art;
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.
Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.
Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.
High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heav’n’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whate’er befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
“Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude. America will never forget their sacrifices.”
~President Harry Truman~
Home of the free, because of the brave!
We are thankful for those who lost their lives serving our country so that we can enjoy all of the freedoms we have today.
We have had so much fun studying animals for the past 3 weeks! Reece’s favorite part was definitely getting to pick out which “Wild Kratts” episode we watched, based on which type of animal we were studying. Carson liked all of the field trips! Sarah Ann did such a great job creating her animal book, which included animal facts and drawings that she did. She also got to take her first homeschool class at the zoo where she learned about food chains! She had a great time and definitely wants to do it again! So these last 3 weeks were so full, but so great! Here’s just a little peak into what we’ve been up to….
Week 32: Vertebrates–Reptiles, Amphibians, and Fish
- Monday: Field day for co-op and an afternoon trip to the zoo to kick off our animal unit. It was so nice going in the afternoon. There was hardly anyone there!
- Tuesday: Reptiles–we spent the afternoon outside reading our reptile books and starting our animal book. Reece also picked our an episode about the gila monster to watch, it’s one of his favorite reptiles!
- Wednesday: Amphibians–We studied the life cycle of a frog, watched the Magic School Bush, and added amphibians facts to our book!
- Thursday: Fish–Fish facts and pictures, learning about shark pups on Wild Kratts!
- Friday: We took a quick field trip to the pet store this day during our road trip to see Diana. Sarah Ann did her school work in the car, and they watched some animal movies too!
Week 33: Vertebrates–Mammals and Birds
- Monday: Homeschool class at Riverbanks! She learned all about food chains and pet some animals during her class!
- Tuesday: Mammals–books and working on our animal book! Reece enjoyed teaching Sarah Ann about mammals, and Sarah Ann got to use a drawing book I had gotten her to draw some of the mammals.
- Wednesday: We spent the afternoon at the movies seeing Monkey Kingdom! It was so great, and the kids absolutely loved it! We learned so much about the macaque monkeys!
- Thursday: Birds–bird books, a Wild Kratts episode about raptors, and bird pages in our book.
- Friday: Friday morning we had a picnic and enjoyed playing at the Irmo park with some sweet friends. It’s so nice to be able to do school in the afternoons when the mornings are perfect for being outside! Friday evening we made bird feeders to put on some of the trees in our backyard. It was a fun ending to a wonderful week!
Week 34: Invertebrates–Crustaceans, Arachnids, and Insects
- Monday: Crustaceans–Lobsters, crabs, shrimp, books, Wild Kratts, and lots of facts!
- Tuesday: Arachnids–Sarah Ann wasn’t a huge fan of the spider books, yuck! But we did lots of interesting stuff! Reece on the other hand thought it was awesome!
- Wednesday: We had school on the go Wednesday morning, had Reece’s field trip, and then went to the zoo with some friends from college! It was hot but fun! And I just love how kids immediately become friends! There’s a lot to learn from that!
- Thursday–We field tripped to Edventure to see the butterflies! There were so many out, and they were so pretty! We also learned about the life cycle of a butterfly!
- Friday–Bugs! We went to the State Museum to see the Bug exhibit and learn all about those 6 legged creatures. We had a picnic at Riverfront park, and Sarah Ann also finished her animal book!
And now here we are with one final week to go! Sarah Ann has completed all of her language/reading books and Awanas verses, so this week will be quick at easy–one last week of handwriting, geography and a couple math lessons! This has been the most exhausting yet rewarding year, and I already can’t wait for more!
this morning i left the kids at the table eating breakfast while i went to go dry my hair. when i came back sarah ann was reading a favorite book to the boys, and they were all just giggling and laughing!
and the laughing and giggling continued at the table during lunch today. sarah ann and reece were telling jokes, and carson was trying so hard to tell a knock-knock joke, that we couldn’t help but all laugh. he is just so silly! and reece makes up jokes that make absolutely no sense!
i am so thankful for these sweet moments at the table today. in the midst of school, laundry, errands, ear infections, dance, karate, and more, the Lord is so faithful to bring us moments of laughter and joy to keep us keeping on!
Today Reece’s precious class took their final field trip of the year to Corley Street Park! Reece really liked that we had our own police escort to block traffic during our walk. He said “this is a very big road, so we definitely need someone to stop the cars!” Reece had the best time playing on the playground with his friends and celebrating the summer birthdays. His class of 9 boys and 3 girls definitely has a lot of energy and enthusiasm! Reece has had such a wonderful year, and we are so very thankful for such a great school, great teachers, and great friends! He has learned and grown so much this year, and we are so very proud of him! I can’t believe that he will be graduating next week! Bring on the tissues!
there’s just something about friday evenings in the spring. there’s no better place to be than enjoying the perfect weather outside. this past friday night we grilled out for dinner and spent the evening playing in the sand box and jumping on the trampoline. after a full week, friday evening bring a sense of rest and accomplishment, and it’s time to enjoy the weekend!
saturday morning we all slept in a bit and then headed up I-77 to spend the day in charlotte! we stopped right inside north carolina to have lunch at chick-fil-a, and then travelled up a bit north of charlotte to surprise the kids with an afternoon at tiger world! since we have been studying animals, we thought this would be a perfect little excursion! the kids had an absolute blast! it is small and secluded, so the big kids really liked having some freedom to run around and see the different exhibits. reece loves all things animal, so he was so excited! sarah ann loved being able to feed the animals, especially the peacocks and ducks that were roaming freely around the park. carson really liked watching the bears in their swimming pool. we got to see tigers, lions, panthers, cougars, wolves, syrian bears, emus, owls, birds, reptiles and many more!
after our trip to tiger world, the boys took a short nap on the way to northlake mall. we spent some time there playing on the playground and doing a little shopping until our dinner reservations at p.f. chang’s. i loved getting to do a bit of shopping at h&m–brings me back to our chicago days! we also picked up taco bell for the kids to take with us. you gotta do what you gotta do to enjoy p.f. chang’s! dinner was delicious, and jeffrey and i even got to sit by each other and have an actual conversation while the kids ate their dinner and played with their toys! and the kids of course loved their fortune cookies!
carson fell asleep on the way home, and we were all ready for some much needed sleep when we got home after a wonderful family day together!
after church on sunday, mom and dad asked if they could have the kids while jeffrey and i went on a lunch date. um, yes, of course! the kids were so excited to go swimming again, and jeffrey and i were equally excited to enjoy lunch at outback together!
the rest of sunday seemed to fly by as we napped, played outside, cleaned our rooms and got ready for another week. but we’ve already made it through our final monday of the school year, and we are on the final countdown! and memorial day weekend will be here before we know it, and we have lots of fun in store! goodnight!