While having dinner with some friends the other night, we talked some about the differences and similarities between Sarah Ann and Reece. I love seeing how God has created them each so uniquely with different attributes, and also how some things about them are so similar! So, here are a few similarities and differences between our sweet baby boy and beautiful big girl…
1. Sarah Ann has always been attached to her “loney” and “pac.” Reece will not take a pacifier, and he never found his thumb either. I give him his lovey when I put him down for his naps, but he doesn’t have to have it like his big sister does.
2. Reece, as of right now, really likes vegetables–potatoes, corn, and green beans are his favorite. Sarah Ann would much rather have fruit!
3. Sarah Ann started crawling around 9 months. Up until then she was just very content sitting somewhere and playing. Reece started crawling around 7 months and is always on the go–crawling, cruising, and climbing! Sarah Ann didn’t crawl for long, and she began walking around 10 1/2 months. Right now Reece does not care at all about walking. He knows that he can get wherever he wants very quickly by crawling!
4. They are both big book lovers! It is about the only time I can get them both to sit still. They both definitely have their favorite books too, and I’m pretty positive I can recite “Goodnight Moon” and “Hand Hand Fingers Thumb” from memory.
5. Sarah Ann loves to steal the show. She is capable of playing independently and we are definitely working on it, but she much prefers to be playing with you and talking to you. Reece could play all day long by himself as long as I am sitting right there in the living room with him, but as soon as I get up to leave he is crawling up my leg for me to hold him!
6. They love bathtime, playing outside on their swingset, eating pizza and french fries, seeing the fish at the zoo, sitting by each other while they eat, laughing together, playing musical instruments, watching “Yo Gabba Gabba,” and more than anything else, they love each other!