My friend and roommate from college, Cindy, posted this on her blog, so I thought I would too. If I have learned anything over the past 7 and 1/2 months, I have learned that you can get all kinds of advice and read all kinds of books and let people tell you all sorts of things, but in the end, you know your baby better than anyone else, and you have to do what’s for you and your family 🙂 However, I do think it is fun, helpful and interesting to see what other people do and use—so here I go….
1. favorite diapers? Pampers, definitely!
2. favorite wipes? We haven’t been as picky about wipes, but usually Pampers, Huggies, or Target 🙂
3. wipe warmer, no wipe warmer? No wipe warmer
4. sleep in gowns or footsies? Footsies–but now she is trying to figure out how to get her feet when they are in her footsies!
5. schedule, don’t schedule? Schedule–but it’s not too strict, we have a routine, but Sarah Ann is a very flexible baby too!
6. current favorite toys? Dora Doll, Baby Pool, Toy Purse, Stand-Up Activity Table–and anything she can get her mouth into!
7. three things you couldn’t live with out the first few months? Pack ‘n’ play, Baby Bjorn/Sling, Onesies
8. something you can’t have too many of? Burp cloths and bibs
9. three things you couldn’t live with out once the baby is moving? I’m not sure yet, but we better get ready b/c it looks like she could start moving anytime 🙂
10. favorite new baby invention? Bumbo chair
11. favorite nursing pads? Gerber Reusable
12. favorite bottle? Playtex Drop-Ins
13. favorite car toys? Any of her toys that make music or noise
14. favorite teether? Gel teethers that you can put in the freezer–and Mommy’s finger 🙂
15. changing table, no changing table? Changing table–she is beginning to get very squirmy on it though!
16. breast milk or formula? Breastmilk
17. make baby food, buy baby food? So far we have bought her food, especially since she loves to eat so much–now that I am staying at home, maybe I will try making some 🙂
18. first food after cereal? Applesauce!
19. did you use your baby carrier? Yes, she has always really liked the Baby Bjorn–she loves to be able to see and watch what is going on!
20. how old when slept in own crib (not bassinet)? 7 months–we moved her to her crib once I got done with school…she is doing a great job
21. do you use a sleep positioner? We did, and she really liked it–I think it made her feel cuddled and secure…then she grew out of it! She is growing up too fast!
22. back sleeper or tummy sleeper? Back sleeper–or sometimes she rolls to her side
23. favorite part about being a mom? Seeing her smile and being able to see her experience new things everyday! Another definite favorite part is seeing her with her Daddy!
24. hardest part about being a mom? Seeing them grow up way too quickly!!
25. favorite mommy accessories? 31 Diaper Bag and my I-Phone so that I can always take pictures!
One more thing….Cindy, Stephen and Natalie Jane—-we can’t wait until you all are in Columbia! We can’t wait to play!