Here’s five random thoughts on this Friday night, and a cute picture of my babies….
1. I’ve been on the warpath since the new year began cleaning up and cleaning out. We have gone room by room, closet by closet, throughout the whole house! Four full trash bags later, and lots to donate too, Sarah Ann’s room is finally done! And now I’ve just got the boys’ room left to do! Oh, the Legos!
2. My babies love them some “Fixer Upper” just like their Momma. Tonight they got to watch a show before bed, and they all quickly agreed on a recent episode of “Fixer Upper.” Sarah Ann said, “It’s the only show we always agree on!” Very true, sweet girl, and I don’t mind one bit!
3. I wouldn’t say I’m necessarily big on New Year’s resolutions, but it’s always a good time to reflect and evaluate, and maybe set some new goals for the year too. One small goal I set was to always put the laundry away each day before I go to bed. With six people, I usually do a load a day, but I had gotten a bit lazy about getting it put away the same day. So, here we are almost three weeks in, and I’ve stuck to it so far! It’s not always fun putting laundry away at 11pm, but it always feels nice once it’s done!
4. After a rough morning, we spent a much need, absolutely beautiful afternoon at the zoo! We’ve missed visiting the zoo, and it definitely put us all in much better spirits! Y’all, this parenting gig, this teaching and loving and disciplining and guiding, is not for the faint of heart, but it’s so, so, so good too!
5. And now I must sleep! It hasn’t been easy getting in 10 miles a week with all this cold weather, but I haven’t missed it yet, and tomorrow morning I’ve got my first race of the year! It’s always fun to run for a good cause, even if it’s going to be cold! Aaah! Goodnight!