i’ve still got to blog about our super fun spring break, but for tonight here are some things that i’m loving…
1. jeffrey has been making some delicious smoothies with all the strawberries we picked last week! yum!
2. monday morning carson fell asleep on the way home from the grocery store. i let him sleep in the car while i got the groceries put up, but then tried to bring him inside and wake him up. he wasn’t having that though, so he just let me hold him while he slept. and i loved every minute of cuddling with my not-so-baby boy anymore.
3. we gave sarah ann a princess jewelry game for easter, and she absolutely loves it! we played on monday, and she was so excited that the beat him. i’m pretty sure she’ll never miss a card because she is a disney princess fanatic!
4. we’ve also eaten lunch outside every day this week. we are loving this beautiful sunny weather and eating on the back porch. plus, it makes it much easier to clean up from lunch! we may or may not have eaten quite a few popsicles out there this week too!
5. of course we are also loving being outside! carson’s favorite thing to do outside is play in the sandbox, sarah ann loves to swing and play on the bars, and reece prefers to bring his toys outside and play in the shade. we also enjoyed a fun play date at the park today! oh, i just love being in the sun! we are so ready for summer and the beach!
6. these brothers are two peas in a pod. carson loves to do everything reece is doing, and reece is such a great big brother to him. they love to give hugs and kisses too! i love seeing how their relationship is developing and growing and changing. they are going to cause lots of trouble one day!
7. yesterday and today we celebrated earth day. sarah ann and reece also learned about it at school. yesterday we made the earth with shaving cream and food coloring. sarah ann and reece think it’s so much fun to play with shaving cream! today we talked about creation and looked back on the creation books they made a couple of summers again. oh, those sweet babies are such big kids now!
8. the rest of the week is full of errands, soccer for reecey, play dates, a storybook garden for sarah ann, a birthday party, and lots of fun! i know i say this a lot, but i am so thankful for this sweet season of life with my babies. yes, there are tantrums and messy diapers, always something to clean up, and discipline and tears and long days. but it’s also such a precious time of seeing life through their eyes, enjoying all the big and little moments, and watching them have new experiences every day! thank you, jesus, for this sweet, sweet life!